On Saturday August 18th you can experience the many sides of the student capitol. The Studentslippet-partners offer events and sights related to culture, entertainment and history as well as fun activities.
Activity Program for 2018 will be released this summer. Here is the activity program for the 2017 event:
1) Join a hiking tour with DNT Ung (the Norwegian Trekking Association) to Vettakollen. We depart from the Tiger Statue at Jernbanetorget at 1 pm. We can only take a maximum 30 people – first come, first serve.
2) Hang out with us at Oslo’s #1 beach hub, Sørenga, where you can borrow a kayak, try your skills at an open climbing wall or just chill out in the sun. Sørengkaia 122. Activities from 12 pm to 5 pm.
3) The student newspaper Universitas challenge you to a quiz at Kulturhuset at 3 pm. Youngs gate 6.
4) SYNG Mer invites you to buddy group karaoke! Arbeidersamfunnets plass 1. A room for 12 people is reserved from 1 pm to 6 pm. First come, first serve!
5) Watch a movie at Cinemateket. Dronningens gate 16. We are showing “Oslo 31. August” (with English subs) at 1:15 pm and “Beasts of the Southern Wild” at 3:15 pm. 200 seats per viewing. Auditorium: Tancred
6) See Oslo from the fjord aboard the boat MS Bjørvika. You can buy food, snacks and soft drinks on the boat. Departure from Vippetangen at 12 pm and 2 pm.
7) Walk through and learn about the terror attacks of July 22nd 2011 at the 22 July Information Center. Akersgata 42, 11 am – 5 pm.
8) Free ice cream and 360 views over Oslo from the 19th floor on top of “Siloen” – Grünerløkka Student House. Marselis’ gate 24, 12 pm to 4 pm.
You can also take part in the following cultural experiences:
1) See the exhibition “Towards the forest – Knausgård on Munch” at the Munch Museum. Tøyengata 53. Free entrance from 10 am to 5 pm.
2) Learn and play at the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology. Dive into exciting exhibitions on Norwegian medicine history, oil and gas production and music machines. Kjelsåsveien 143. Free entrance from 11 am to 6 pm.
3) At the Museum of Norwegian pop you can make use of their cutting-edge technology to record your own soundtrack and have your own album-cover photo shoots. Building T, Trondheimsveien 2. Free entrance from 11 am to 5 pm, with introductions to the museum every hour.
4) Experience Oslo’s art treasures: The National Gallery (11 am to 5 pm, Universitetsgata 13), the Museum of Contemporary Art (12 pm to 5 pm, Bankplassen 4) and the National Museum – Achitecture (12 pm to 5 pm, Bankplassen 3). Free entrance.
5) Come join behind the scenes at The Norwegian Theatre. Kristian IVs gate 8. Free tour both in English and Norwegian. Tours start at 12.15 pm and 1.15 pm.
6) Immerse yourself in the Oslo students’ 200 year old history with a tour of the student house Chateau Neuf. Slemdalsveien 15. Free tour at 2 pm.
7) Did you know that there is a German bunker under Oslo Commerce School originating from WW2? Parkveien 65. We have free tours at 12 pm, 1 pm and 2 pm.
8) SKAM tour. See the locations from the TV series and get other Oslo tips. Tours start at St. Olavs gate 32 at 12.45 pm and 13.45 pm (in English). Only 20 spaces per tour. Org: SKAM Safari.
Explore Oslo from a student perspective. Join in on the guided tours lead by students. The tours start at St. Olavs gate 32 at 12 pm and have different themes:
- The Globe Trotter
- Do you like to travel, experience different cultures and want to explore the most vivid parts of Oslo? This tour is just what you are looking for, join an experienced Oslo-student to get shown around.
- Oslo for Beginners
- New in Oslo? Are you wondering how to get around, where to eat and what attractions to see? Join an experienced Oslo-student who has been where you are, to learn how to cope with Oslo.
Studentslippet ends with a Stand Up show at Chateau Neuf!
Come see the best comedians Oslo has to offer. Dex Carrington and Henrik Farley will be entertaining in English, together with Rasmus Wold, Sofie Frøysaa, Jonis Josef and Joakim Skage. See their Stand Up show at Chateau Neuf at 7 pm (entry from 6.30 pm). Slemdalsveien 15. 1000 seats. First come, first serve!